Neueda is pleased to announce it has been approved as a supplier on the latest version of the UK’s Crown Commercial Service (CCS) cloud procurement framework G-Cloud 8 (G8). CCS vision is to deliver value for the UK through outstanding commercial capability and quality customer service.
The G-Cloud framework was created in order to provide a more time and cost effective buying process for public sector bodies to procure Information and Communications Technology It is one of the Government’s initiatives to make it easier for SMEs to provide services to the public sector. The framework is compliant, regulated and refreshed, and specifically removes the requirement for OJEU, RFI, ITT, etc., which can otherwise add cost, lengthen procurement processes and create a barrier to SMEs.
The framework is open to any public sector body (including local authorities, housing associations, education sector).
How to use G-Cloud
All services in the G-Cloud framework are visible in the online searchable Digital Marketplace where suppliers showcase their services, allowing customers to evaluate their capabilities.
Since suppliers list services, pricing and terms and conditions in the Marketplace, the process is straightforward:
- Identify requirements and find suppliers who meet those requirements
- Evaluate those shortlisted suppliers by contacting them directly to confirm that they can meet your needs incl. whole life cost, timescales, service management, T&Cs, financial checks, etc.)
- Identify the most economically advantageous tender
- Make award via call-off contract
This page has been written with information taken directly from the G-Cloud Framework Overview and Buyers Guide
Why use G-Cloud?
- Shorten procurement timescales
- Save cost
- More transparency for all stakeholders
- Promoted by Government as the preferred route to purchase cloud-based services
- Fully compliant, regulated and refreshed
- Removes the requirement for OJEU process