This national electricity Transmission System Owner (TSO) has a vision to be a world leading grid company, providing quality, efficient transmission and market services for the benefit of all citizens.
In support of this vision, the mission of the Information Systems (IS) department is to provide innovative IS solutions and services to drive and support group strategy. This mission will be realised through the 5 principles of standardisation, simplification, consolidation, value for money and operational excellence.
Given the importance of the IS department in delivery of the customer vision, they engaged Neueda to develop a 3 year IS Strategy that would ensure effective and efficient support for overall business objectives, whilst embedding the 5 key principles in everything that they did.
In developing the IS Strategy for 2015–2017, a team of consultants from Neueda:
- Provided guidance on the key elements of a 3 year IS strategy;
- Conducted a series of IS Strategy workshops with key business users, the IS Director/ management and IS staff;
- Documented the outcomes of the workshops;
- Provided knowledge of IS trends and Utility industry trends/challenges for inclusion in the strategy;
- Combined all of the above to produce a detailed 3 year IS strategy document; and
- Prepared and delivered executive/management level presentations on the IS strategy.
Our team delivered the 2015–2017 IS Strategy within a challenging 6 week timeframe, and drove acceptance and buy–in at a senior level through development of executive level briefing material and presentations. The IS Strategy has been fully adopted by the customer and is now being used as a roadmap for effective IS support of the business on its journey to becoming a ‘world leading grid company’.